At Murphy Road Baptist Church, we seek to fulfill the Great Commission in obedience to Acts 1:8 and take the gospel of Christ from beyond the walls of MRBC to “the ends of the earth”.
To accomplish this commission, we make monthly, quarterly and as needed contributions to the following missions’ ministries.
- Southern Baptist Cooperative Program – One of the unique privileges as a Southern Baptist church is to cooperate with other Southern Baptist churches in our efforts to take the gospel around the world. Our church gives 2.3 percent of its monthly budget income to the Southern Baptist Cooperative Program. This money is combined with contributions from other Southern Baptist churches to support more than 5,200 missionaries around the world. In addition, the members of MRBC give to two special missions’ offerings annually. The Annie Armstrong Easter offering supports the Southern Baptist missionaries in North America and the Lottie Moon Christmas offering supports the Southern Baptist missionaries in all other parts of the world.
- Baptist General Convention of Texas – Southern Baptists also cooperate in giving to state missions’ efforts. Our church gives 4.7 percent of its monthly budget income to the Baptist General Convention of Texas. This money is used throughout the state of Texas to support childcare institutions, Baptist Student Ministries, theological education, faith-based health care, and many other programs used to reach people with the gospel of Christ. In addition, the members of MRBC give to the Mary Hill Davis offering for Texas Missions.
- Collin Baptist Association – In order to support local missions, our church gives 3 percent of its monthly budget income to the Collin Baptist Association. This money is combined with other Southern Baptist churches in our local association to spread the gospel throughout our local communities.
- Pastors in India and China – We have an ongoing collection of funds that are passed on to selected pastors in India and China who are there to preach Christianity to the lost of those countries. For more information click one of the following links:
- Solid Rock Church – We have an ongoing collection of funds that are then passed on through an organization in India called Solid Rock and is used to build church buildings in India.
- Go Now Missions exists to help both campus and church groups in mobilizing today’s college students for service. The opportunities for college students to be involved in missions and go on mission trips are endless. Murphy Road has been privileged to support college students on mission through Go Now Missions for the last several summers, including this summer!
- Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in deperate situations worldwide through gift filled "shoe boxes" and the Good News of God's Love. 2009 Shoe Boxes went to support Port Arthur, Texas Hurricane Victim Children.
- Perspectives Class - The Perspectives Study Program is a ministry course designed to help Christians engage in mission activity knowing that their effors contribute to the accomplishment of God's global purpose.