- New Here?
- About Us
- What's Happening
- Online Giving
Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers!)
Is There A Dress Code?
You will see anything from shorts and flip flops to suits and ties. God is concerned about the condition of the heart, not the condition of the clothes and so are we. Feel free to dress in whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
Where do I park and when should I arrive?
Guest parking is located near the front entrance at the north end of the parking lot. We recommend you arrive about 5 minutes prior to the service you are attending. If you have children to take the Nursery we recommend arriving about 15 minutes early.
Where is the Nursery?
After entering the front doors, take a right down the hallway. You will be greeted at the check in station to check in your child. First time guests will be asked to fill out a short form about your child(ren) so we can serve your family better. For security and peace of mind parents are issued a pager so you can be notified of any needs that arise while your child is in care.
I want to attend Bible Fellowship...where do I go?
All adult and children's classes are in the Main Building. Students 7th-12th grade meet in the EDGE Building. Regardless of age or learning style we have a class for you. We encourage you to visit multiple classes until you find your place. Click here for more information about our Bible Fellowship Groups.
Where can I get more information about Murphy Road once I'm there?
In the Lobby is a Guest Table with blue folders available containing information about the various ministries of the church. Pastor Lash also has a class periodically titled Starting Point where you can learn more about the church.
Do You Offer Support Groups?
Sometimes life can throw a curve ball and we want to be here to assist you when you are having a rough time.
- If you have an immediate need associated with a death in the family, new baby, major surgery or other type of event please contact our MurphCare team.
- And if have a desire to follow God's plan for your finances we encourage you to attend Crown Financial.
- Please contact the church office for other support we may offer on a seasonal basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If I Attend Church Regularly Why Should I Become A Member?
For the person who has chosen to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, membership in a local church is important for three essential reasons...
A. It is Biblical!
Collective and corporate worship is a vital part of spiritual life (Hebrews 10:24). Therefore a commitment to a local body of like-minded believers will ensure three benefits in your walk with Christ:
- Your personal spiritual growth and the fulfillment of your Christian responsibility (Eph. 4:11-15)
- Your personal accountability (Gal. 6:1-2); and
- Your Christian productivity (I Cor. 12:1-31)
B. It is Theological!
The New Testament affirms that when a person makes a personal commitment to follow Jesus Christ he is "baptized into one body" (1 Cor. 12:13). This figurative expression affirms that to be a Christian is to be an active member of Christ's church. It is in the context of a local body (church) of believers that you exercise your spiritual gift, you receive biblical instruction, and you actively join with others to fulfill the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20).
C. It is Practical!
Your commitment to membership in a local church provides many practical benefits for you, your family, and your extended church family. Some of these benefits include: 1) The ability for us all to do more together than we could ever possibly do alone; 2) The confidence in knowing that you have found a place where you can meet new friends and develop meaningful relationships; and 3) The peace and assurance of having like-minded friends who will hold you accountable in your weaknesses, encourage you in your disappointments, and rejoice with you in your victories.
How Do I Join Murphy Road Baptist Church?
You can join Murphy Road Baptist Church upon a profession of your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal savior and by believer's baptism in one the following ways:
- Present yourself as a candidate for baptism and we will baptize you.
- Come by transfer of letter from another Baptist church, which testifies to your previous baptism by immersion.
- Come by statement of your baptism in another Christian church that practices believer's baptism by immersion. You may present yourself during the Time of Commitment during any Sunday Morning Worship Service.
Pastor Lash is always available to discuss salvation and baptism. To make an appointment with the pastor, please call the church office at 972-423-6026 or email him at email@example.com.
Questions Regarding Baptism
Click here for more details regarding Baptism